Blogs you may be interested in

Science in the language field!

Hello everyone! As I commented in my last post, I've been quite busy lately, and things have not changed. But somehow I always have some spare time that I like to spend watching videos on YouTube or reading about interesting things. And what I find most interesting (at least now, since my likes tend to change from time to time) is SCIENCE! Yes, I love science. The understanding of the world that surrounds us by observing and experimenting with it is something astonishing for me. And the results to which you can get by just doing this two things BLOW ME AWAY! I've always been more interested in the fields of physics and astrophysics, but when I entered the teacher training college I was presented with a term which really blew my mind and of which I have never heard before: LINGUISTICS, which is the field that studies Language. And as a teacher of a Language and a very curious person, it was only logical that it was going to catch my attention the way it did. 
I read a lot of interesting things along my course through College, and some time ago I found a video of a youtuber who I've been following for more than a year now: Hank Green. I've been following a science YouTube channel which is presented by him and sometimes by other people called SciShow for about a year now, and one day I found the video you are about to see by the YouTube recommendations. In it he deals with the case of Kanzi, a bonobo who has been a case study for linguists and about whom we never heard of in the teacher training College (as least that I can remember) and continues with a description of the basis of the knowledge of Language.

I really recommend you watching this, since not only it is interesting for the average curious person, but it is also well written and directed in a way that makes it simple for the viewer to understand the topics. And for those who studied or are studying linguistics, it is a nice summary presented in a very dynamic way. My fellows at the teacher training college will know what I'm talking about. Specially my teacher, who I'm sure will take this video into account for her classes one day. I hope you like it and that you stay curious! 


Comentarios

  1. Love it! Hank and John are the best at explaining everything. I passed Culture 2 thanks to John. Welcome to the club, apes!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Interesting! I think we read about Kanzi in eait1...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I LOVE the video, Joaquín! And you are right... I will probably use it in my classes!! He does summarize very effectively and in a very passionate way!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

On the matter of studying

Example of an instructional sequence around a task